Thursday, June 23, 2011

All things natural...

I have found that I am slowly becoming what is affectionately known as a "crunchy" mama. Why this term... I have no idea. What does it mean? It means that I am doing my best to be environmentally friendly and live as naturally as possible.

My discovery has been a multitude of cleaning agents and food items that have become a welcome addition into our household and leave me feeling satisfied with what I am putting into our bodies, especially my 1 year-old daughter's body.

This is my newest addition:
Toothpaste for Emma. Why, you ask? Because last night as we were brushing her teeth, I happened to glance at the toddler toothpaste that I had purchased for Emma, which was the only flouride-free toothpaste in the store at the time, and noticed the ingredient list was in some strange language. It was English, but I could not pronounce the majority of the ingredients. On top of that, I saw that it uses fake sugar agents to sweeten it. I am opposed to fake sugar of all kinds because it tends to make me sick, which makes me think that maybe it's not so good for me if my body can't seem to process it.  Anyway, I digress....

A lot of "natural" items on the market are designed based on the extracts from plants. This toothpaste is included in that. I am excited to try it and I hope that it will be a welcome addition to help us prevent cavities and institute good oral hygiene without pouring a lot of man-made chemicals into her body. :) 

*editors note: This is only my personal journey to living healthier and more "naturally", I am not a pushy salesperson for all things natural and have nothing against anyone that does not use "natural" products!*

No comments:

Post a Comment