Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, Same Life

Well, 2011 ended in a flurry with some unexpected twists but overall ended as a good year. Lots of adjusting, growing, changing and challenge as well as blessings and good times.

2011 was a year of challenge for me and 2012 promises to be the same.

I was challenged Spiritually to go outside of my comfort zone in many ways, to go deeper into God's Word and to seek His purpose for my life in a way that I never have before.

I was challenged Personally as I struggled with the daily challenges of being a full-time stay at home wife and mother. It has been an extremely difficult challenge to adjust to this new job and I was challenged in every way possible... emotionally, physically, you name it... it was a challenge.

I was challenged Financially as I struggled to maintain time outside of the house without spending money like I did when we had two incomes and no children. I was challenged to find new ways to save money, spend money, pray about money and live with (or rather, without) money.

I was challenged in relationships as Chris and I experienced a new way of living in our 8 years of marriage, a new way of communicating and living as parents now instead of just a married couple with all the time in the world to spend doting on each other.

Yes, indeed, 2011 was a year of challenges. The challenges all continue but this time I am setting goals for myself. Not resolutions because I am no good at resolving to do anything and accomplishing it. Goals however are achievable but do not become broken promises. :)

So, my next post will be my 2012 goals... things I would like to accomplish on a grand scale as well as small scale, daily challenges to keep things moving in the right direction.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment