Friday, February 10, 2012
What have I done...
I remember as a teenager, my mom talked about doing Weight Watchers and I remember saying "you don't need that, you just need to exercise and not eat as much." How's that for compassion?
Now, I know what my Mom battled, because I battle it myself and have for almost 6 years now... I have steadily increased in weight and am now at my all-time high. I have had a couple of friends share their success with this program and finally, after a young lady in our church asked me to accompany her to her first meeting, I agreed to go.... for her sake, of course. What I found, was that this might be the perfect fit for me and that I needed to at least give it a try. After all, I have 7-days worth of materials and no reason not to try it.
I am on Day 1.
I. Am. Starving.
I had no idea how much smaller my portion sizes should be until I had to measure my food today. I have only had two meals and I feel the need to stuff my face with peanut m&m's or bake some fresh chocolate chip cookies.
I am slowly realizing how addicted I have become to food, namely sweets, but I am not prejudice... all foods lure me in with their fat and yumminess.
So, maybe this will really work for me and get me on the right track to eating better. The good news with this plan, is that I can have those fresh baked cookies, I just have to work out to earn them ... good motivation for working out I'd say.
We shall see how this goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so proud of you for going for this. Can't wait to hear how this works out for you and to get some hints from you in the future.
ReplyDelete@ Mountain Momma - two words: I'm. Starving.
ReplyDeleteNot sure this is going to work from me... not sure I'm capable of this kind of portion and self-control!
you can do it! the fact that you are doing it is reminding me that i need to get my butt in gear and stick with the plan as well! it is hard...but it does work
ReplyDelete