As of this moment, we should be an hour into our two-hour drive to visit dear friends while my hubby is out of town for the week.
As of this moment, Emma is sleeping in her crib.
After staying up until 3:00 am getting us all packed and getting the house clean so that it would be nice and clean upon our return, I woke up at 8:00am to a funny sounding child coming through on the monitor. I went in to her room and discovered a crib filled with green snot and a child with a crusted-over face, as she had been sleeping in it. She talked. She sounded pretty funny with her congestion and my heart sank. Emma woke up twice during the night and I did not know why. Now I know why... she was not feeling well for some reason.
No fever, acting normal. Hmmm... we took a long bath after steaming up the bathroom with the hot shower for a bit and she seemed to feel better but the green snot just keeps coming.
There are a lot of joys in motherhood, having your child get sick at the most inconvenient times is not one of them. Selfish or not, I was really looking forward to our trip and getting away for a while and letting Emma have some time with her close friend A, while I enjoyed some time with my close friend J. Maybe she will miraculously wake up healed and ready to go.
In the meantime, I will continue to eat 2 weeks worth of Weight Watchers Points in girl scout cookies and drown my sorrows with a cup of hot coffee on this yucky, rainy day.
Oh the joys of motherhood :)
I have shed tears over this same situation at my house--it's so disappointing when you're looking forward to fun and the littles wake up sick. I am sighing for you today and hoping for a quick week (and a happy baby!) Maren
ReplyDelete