Friday, June 29, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In

Week #21: -3.4 pounds
Total Pounds Lost: 12.6


Thanks to my sister accepting my challenge of taking sugar out of my diet (as much as is possible these days), I have been able to get back on track with my weight watching and back in the game of losing weight and making healthier choices!

So, for as long as we can handle it we are giving up sugar. We are focusing only on refined sugars and processed sugars. There is unlimited amounts of research linking man-made sugars (aspartame, splenda, sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, sucralose, sweet'n low / saccharine) to cancer and other diseases. In fact, I have just been lazy about doing anything about ingesting these man-made "sugars" in spite of the fact that when my Mom was battling cancer, I remember reading medical journals about the possibility of these types of chemicals causing cancers like my Moms. 

Anyway, I'm not on a soapbox, to each his own. For now, we are trying to move away from these sugars and food that contain added sugars. I have been amazed at the differences I have noticed in only a weeks time and look forward to continuing our little experiment!

So, if I decline a sweet treat you have made, please don't be offended! Just trying to figure out this healthy eating stuff for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment