Friday was picture day and so we all loaded up and headed to the dance center for pictures. As it turns out, we don't even get to see the pictures being taken! They shuffle all of the girls into a room, close the door and take their pictures while Mom and Dad sit outside and wait. I get it. You don't want parents to snap pictures with their phones and then refuse to pay a FORTUNE for an 8x10. Mission Accomplished. We bought a package. I mean... check this girl out! We couldn't resist!
Saturday was rehearsal day. Emma and I woke up early and headed out. I stopped for a coffee and the little one had a hot cocoa. We chatted on the way to the junior high, where her rehearsal was at, and had a great time. We walked into the school and took a seat in the auditorium. My little pink ballerina sat right next to me.. for about 2 minutes. She saw a friend. Then, she saw more friends. Then, she was gone and I didn't see her again until the rehearsal was done. Ya'll... I cried. I cried like a baby!! What is wrong with me?? I just could not get over how big she is now. I had visions of rocking her to sleep and nursing her and swaddling her and teaching her to walk and talk and eat... and there she was.. up on a stage directing her friends where to go and not needing me. My Mommy heart was sad during this rehearsal... but also very happy and feeling very blessed!
Sunday was the show. We went to the early service for church and then headed home to get Emma ready. Emma's favorite part of the entire thing, was the requirement to wear make-up. I thought I would never be that Mom that allowed her 4-year old daughter to wear make-up... ever. However... I did it. I willingly applied mascara to tiny eyelashes and more blush and lip gloss than any adult should even wear. She loved every second of it! We headed to the school and Emma immediately went to her room. While my stomach was overtaken with nerves for her... she was completely fine! Off she went after a quick change into her ballet slippers.
The performance was super adorable and all of the girls did so well! It was a ticketed event with a limited number of tickets per family... so, we videotaped for papa and aunts and uncles and friends to see later. It was a lot of fun!
I was very proud of my big girl. She was so brave and she did her dance wonderfully! I have a feeling we will be spending more time watching her on a stage throughout her life ;)






so beautiful!! I can't wait to see that video!!
ReplyDelete